Review: Tenacity Writing Services (SOP for Canada Student Permit Application)
In this blog post, I’ll share my experience of availing of the SOP Revision from Tenacity Writing Services.
- What is Tenacity Writing Services?
- How did I find them?
- When and Why did I decide to purchase an SOP writing service?
- What is the process of availing of their service?
What is Tenacity Writing Services?
They are based in the Philippines and offer various Statement of Purpose (SOP) services.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/TenacitySOPCanada/
Below is the table of the services they offer:
How did I find them?
I found them through a post in the #PinoyCanada – Student Pathway Facebook Group. It is one of the recommended SOP writing service providers based on the comment section in that post.
When and Why did I decide to purchase an SOP writing service?
I inquired about their service while I was still writing my SOP because I knew I wanted a second eye to look at it – someone with the expertise and experience of writing, revising and proofreading SOPs for student visa applications. I also want to lodge my application confidently, knowing that my Statement of Purpose is well-written in terms of wording, conciseness, style, grammar, and spelling.
What is the process of availing of their service?
On August 26, 2021, I messaged Tenacity Writing Services via their Facebook Page. They immediately replied and told me their services and their corresponding prices. I didn’t plan yet on availing of their service as I was still canvassing.
A few days later, on September 5, I messaged them again to inquire about the process of availing of their service. I decided to go with their service and chose SOP Proofreading because I finished my draft SOP. They replied and asked me to email them my SOP so they could check and suggest what service better fits my SOP.
On September 7, I emailed them my SOP. After a few minutes, they confirmed that they had checked my SOP and asked me to send my resume and LOA (letter of acceptance). A 50% downpayment is required to start the process. They suggested my SOP would fall under SOP revision. It had parts that needed to be improved. They also explained to me the difference between SOP Proofreading and SOP revision:
- SOP Proofreading – they will focus on the use of the English language in general (sentence construction, tenses, etc.), and the contents will not be changed.
- SOP Revision – the contents will be improved on top of proofreading.
I decided to go for their suggestion (SOP Revision). I paid the 50% downpayment and sent them my resume and LOA. I asked them the timeline on when I can expect to receive the revised sop after the downpayment, and they told me it’s 5 to 7 days.
On September 16, I messaged them and asked when I could expect the revised SOP as it has been nine days already, which passed the 5-7 days timeline they mentioned. They replied and asked me to answer the standard questionnaire. I filled out the questionnaire and sent it back to them on that day.
On September 20, they asked if I had refusal notes. I messaged them that I don’t have one as it’s my first application.
On September 22, I asked if I could receive the revised SOP by the 25th. No reply.
On September 23, I asked for any updates. They replied that they are currently finalizing and that I can expect an update within the day.
On September 24, I followed up again, and they informed me that it only needed to be passed to the proofreader. A few hours later, they messaged me that my SOP was done and requested me to settle the remaining 50%.
On September 25, I sent them the proof of payment, and they immediately sent me via email the revised SOP. In their email, they mentioned that I am entitled to (1) revision within seven days.
What I like about their service:
- Responsive to my messages.
- They have a questionnaire that they will use to write your SOP.
- Payment scheme: 50% downpayment to start the process and 50% remaining after.
- I did not feel they pushed me to opt for a higher rate service (from SOP Proofreading to SOP Revision). They explained the difference between the two.
- The contents of my SOP are still the same, so the story I want to tell is still there. But it was much better than my initial draft because the working and overall flow were more concise. I also like how they highlighted my plans after studies as a “two-fold” career. It’s the part that I struggle to conceptualize how I can best present, and I’m glad they were able to catch it.
- They allow one revision (for free) within one week after receiving the final SOP from them. However, I did not use this because I’m already happy with what they first sent me.
What I don’t like about their service:
- The 5-7 days they mentioned didn’t happen. I felt like there was no movement between the day I settled the 50% downpayment to my first follow-up, which was 9 days apart.
- I had to make multiple follow up after the first one. I also felt a bit nervous that I won’t be able to receive the revised SOP before my target lodge date.
Overall, I’m happy with the service I got from Tenacity Writing Services, and I recommend them.
Curious to know how to write a strong SOP?
Check out this previous blog post and download a FREE SOP Sample (approved application)